Thursday, November 21, 2013

Super simple mac & cheese

Mac n cheese is my favorite food. So is a fat juicy steak. But that's expensive.

Anyway I had been craving for mnc for weeks. But I was just too lazy, it's not that simple to make. Boil this boil that, mix this mix that. Too many things going on. I'm a microwave girl, my brain can't take too many instructions. And I can't spend more than 30 minutes in the kitchen. The TV needs me.

Today was the peak of my craving. So I googled for a simple recipe. And I found Nigella's recipe (love her show btw). Looks super simple. I simplified it even more due to lack of ingredients. Didn't even have eggs. So this was my super simple version:
  • 250 grams macaroni
  • 250 grams of grated kraft cheddar (cheapest cheese)
  • 250 ml of warmed milk (I used greenfields high calcium low fat milk and heat it up in the microwave)
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Cook the macaroni as usual
  2. Mix the warm milk and grated cheese
  3. Mix 1 and 2 together. Add salt and pepper.
  4. Put it in a oven safe dish and bake for 10-15 minutes at 220 deg C
  5. Eat like there's no tomorrow.
Et voilĂ . Good enough for me! Plus this makes about 3-4 servings, so I can eat it again for breakfast tomorrow wohoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment