Monday, November 25, 2013

Early BLW experiment

Jimmy is still 1 week away from 6 months. But I was dying to try out BLW since I knew he would need time to adjust. So yesterday I asked my helper to steam 4 broccoli stalks for 6 minutes.

We put Jimmy in his brand new high chair with towels as support and put the broccolis on the tray.

Food: 4 stalks of broccolis (steamed for 6 minutes)

Time: 5:15 PM (right before his bath time)

Result: he was still getting used to sitting on the high chair and his hands were tense. His right hand was firmly holding on to one side of the chair and wouldn't let go. He used his left hand to occasionally sway over the broccolis, but that was it. I think he was more concerned in getting a grip at sitting. He can't sit properly just yet.



Duration: 5 minutes.

Next steps: continue training him to sit on his bumbo chair, and put him on the high chair once a day to let him getbused to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment