Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Best parents ever

Last weekend was a 4 day weekend for us, and we decided to go see my mom on Thursday. I hadn't seen my mom in almost 2 months because she got sick, and she didn't want to risk being near the baby. We just went to Bakmi Japos in Bintaro, and had a quick lunch. My mom was happy to be able to hold the baby while A and I had a laid back uninterrupted lunch for the first time in 2 months! Usually we have to take turns eating or eat in a rush.

Anyway, after Japos, we went to go see sofas at Informa Alam Sutera. We didn't stay too long because Jimmy was getting cranky. All in all we spent around 5 hours outside. When we got home, Jimmy and I were both exhausted. I quickly bathed him and put him to sleep around 6 PM. I also passed out not long after that. I was so tired that I didn't even hear my husband come in the room. I'm usually a light sleeper and wakes up everytime he opens the door.

At some time during the night, I heard Jimmy making noises. Not crying, but just some mumbling. I was tired, so I thought I'd just wait until he cries to get up and feed him.
Now I'm not sure what happened after that. Either I totally passed out and I didn't hear him cry. Or he didn't cry and went back to sleep. But all of a sudden I woke up startled, looked at the clock.........it was already 4 AM!!

Panic!!!

I shouted to my husband "it's 4 AM!!". He got up startled too.
I let my baby go without feeding for 10 hours straight! I let him starve!! I tried to listen to see if I could hear anything from the baby monitor. Nothing. Dead silence. In the back of my mind, I was actually thinking 'is he still alive??' (Drama queen).

We quickly went to his room, and he was well alive and sleeping (halleluya!). I fed him right away without changing his diapers first. After 10 minutes of feeding, A changed his diapers, and I fed him again for about 5 minutes, and he went back to sleep. He seemed to be fine when he got up again at 6 AM. Fiuhhhhhhhh.

Jimmy, if you read this when you're older, and your father and I are old and helpless, you better not bribe the nurse in our nursing home to 'forget' to bring us our dinner!

We're the best parents ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment